Friday, May 14, 2010

Presentation, party & Salt Lake eggs

Last night I dreamt I was attending a performance of some sort. I had to run out to the van to get something before it started. The pre-show announcements had begun when I came back into the auditorium. As the door closed behind me, I heard, "...and a very special presentation to (my full name) from (name of high school classmate who is now a highly respected University professor of music) to thank her for all her advice and support." Suddenly a spotlight was on me as I walked up to the stage where I was presented with a colorful bouquet of flowers. I made my way back to my seat amidst loud applause. That friend was standing there, smiling. I gave him a big hug and told him thank you. His mom was there, beaming. She said, "I wish you had never quit seeing each other."
Then I was off to an after-party. It was being held in an old mountain-top mansion. It was dark and raining. I called the house from the front gate and was met by a very good, lifelong friend. The party, it seems, was being held in my honor. I drove through the gate and started up the drive.
Next I was at the Great Salt Lake. It was day. I was alone. It was a beautiful day with blue skies and fluffy clouds. I was wishing I had a camera with me. Then I was on a bike, riding through the sand, working my way back to my van. I looked down and noticed eggs in the sand (some sort of turtle eggs?) - a pile of eggs with 1 lone egg a little distance off from the pile. The eggs were all over the beach that way. There was a scientist studying them. She and I started visiting and I pointed out the odd way the eggs were laid. She said they'd noticed that, too. One of us joked about it being a sort of insurance policy - the animal version of "heir and a spare." We visited with each other all the way back to my van where we said goodbye and I drove off, turning right into the flow of traffic.

No comments: