Saturday, June 5, 2010

School and laughing in the rain

Last night I dreamt I was in the hallway of my daughter's school, students and teachers milling around. I glanced up in time to see my daughter zoom down an adjacent hall on a teeny, shoe-sized skateboard. I started to tell her to stop when I saw a teacher, Mrs. Daly (not her waking-life teacher), talking to her. She was to be her teacher for next school year. Then I saw her current teacher and noticed they had the same hair cut and color - longish hair, honey weave on top, dark purple underneath.
Then my daughter and I were walking across the parking lot to the van. She, as always, was running ahead. The wind was blowing and rain was beginning to fall. I opened my arms wide, closed my eyes and lifted my face to it all. A gust of wind blew me down, flat on my back. I just laid there, arms still wide and eyes still closed, and laughed. Then stood up and resumed walking to the van.

No comments: