Friday, June 4, 2010

Short Notice Double Wedding

Last night I dreamt we had gone to a huge mansion for a large gathering. The owner/occupants were extremely wealthy (old money wealthy). The matriarch of the family approached me and asked that I officiate a double wedding - I only remember that 1 of the grooms was a big deal doctor of some sort - that was to held in 30 minutes. I accepted, but inside I was a little anxious at having to pull off two weddings on such short notice. I borrowed a laptop and went off to find a quiet place to try to pull a ceremony together. As I was walking through the kitchen, a large mirrored wall opened up, startling me for a minute until I realized it was a bathroom door. I finally found myself upstairs in a grand hallway with several sitting arrangements and tables where I could work. I sat down and began researching and writing. Suddenly, some children came running through, recklessly. I was worried that they would accidentally break something. The matriarch appeared and the children stopped their roughhousing and went to play somewhere else. Time was running out and I still had the double ceremony to pull together, but the distractions just kept coming.

No comments: