Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Terry Jones

Last night I dreamt I was doing a play with Terry Jones (of Monty Python), only his name was Terry Porritt in the dream.  Two consecutive nights, I left the stage halfway through the play.  The second night, I was sitting in the audience and Terry, who was sitting right in front of me as well as performing on stage, turned around and took my hand in his and said, "It's fine that you've had your little breakdown, but after leaving the stage two nights in a row, don't ever expect to work in this theater again."  I smiled and explained that I had no intention of ever returning to theater so it was okay.  He smiled, patted my hand, and said, "Very well then."  Then I watched as a very large, very hairy, very bad actor resumed the role I was supposed to be playing.  After the show, we went to the cast party.  Everybody was presented with a poster hand drawn on butcher paper and signed by the cast.  Terry had signed mine with just his name but the rest of the cast had written angry, hateful curses to me.  I took the poster, said goodbye and left without looking back.

No comments: