Thursday, January 9, 2014

UTI, Cranberry juice, Beach and Snakes

Last night I dreamt I was in a classroom/office space.  I got up from my desk area and went off to find some coffee.  As I walked across the space, thinking to myself "oh, a dream!  I need to pay attention," I walked past a local actress friend just as she was talking about feeling like she was peeing sand.  I told her it sounded like she had a UTI and that she needed to drink lots of cranberry juice immediately.  She responded with a "no, no, that's not it," but I knew it was, so I bought her a large bottle of cranberry juice and left it on her desk.

As I returned to my desk, a group of us (some of my band mixed with other musicians I've recently met) decided to go for a walk outside by the Great Salt Lake.  After walking a while through the sand, I sat down on some steps on the boardwalk and gazed out across the lake, watching the sun glitter on the waves.  I started to say, "If you stare at it hard enough and allow your imagination to take over, you can almost pretend this is the ocean" but somebody else interrupted me with a loud, "It's a snake!"  I looked where this person was pointing and saw a snake curled around the railing right above my head.  I jumped and screamed.  Looking around, I noticed the entire beach and boardwalk area around me was squirming with snakes of all sizes.

No comments: