Saturday, March 20, 2010

Swiss Gypsy and Firewater

Last night I dreamt that my husband and I had traveled to Switzerland to research his ancestry. There we confirmed that he is, indeed, gypsy.

Next we were at an industrial strip mall in what felt like Mexico. There was a storefront with a sign over the door that read, "Firewater." We saw a man who looked like Tod A (of the band Firewater) walk through the door. Assuming it was a bar that he owned, we followed him inside. There was a bench that went all around the perimeter of the room inside, and rows of wooden chairs and pews facing a sort of low stage. Firewater's "The Song That Saved My Life" was being played on stage (and ran throughout the dream, following me into my waking time). As I looked around, I noticed this was a Hindu place of worship and the people were moving beautifully through a series of mudras. Although I was still an observer, I felt a sense of calm and smiled.

No comments: