Saturday, April 17, 2010

Walking home

Last night I dreamt I awoke laying in a giant inner tube on the sidewalk a few houses down from where I live. I was enjoying the morning sun on my face and the soft breeze across my body as I was waking. I decided, finally, to get up and walk home. Once I made it out of the tube and started walking towards my house, I raised my face to the sun to listen to the birds sing. When I looked back to where I was headed, I realized I had walked the wrong direction, so I turned around. I saw my house off in the distance, shrugged my shoulders and started walking towards it. Again I was distracted by the beauty of the morning, the spring flowering fruit trees I walked under, the birds singing and flying above my head, the daffodils and tulips and other spring flowers. When I looked where I was heading, I discovered I'd walked the wrong direction again. I turned and looked all around me to reorient myself and found myself in a rather industrial, high traffic area. I realized that I had to make it across traffic to get to the sidewalk that ran down the median between two highly trafficked, multi-lane roads. I took a deep breath ... and crossed.

No comments: